Thursday, December 30, 2010

Date Night

I mentioned the other day that my parents took Emma back to Illinois with them for two weeks. We miss her terribly but yesterday Nathan and I got to go to the mall and actually look at stuff. It was awesome! We also have no food in our fridge and cabinets, we're staying up late and waking up late. Is this how all couples act without kids or are we just enjoying our child-free time immaturely? I don't care, it's nice to spend quality time with Nathan.


Like I just said we have no food, so I had to create something for dinner. I came up with leftover steak for Nathan with a side of spaghetti and broccoli. I had spaghetti (no sauce) topped with broccoli that I seasoned with lemon juice and garlic. I think I threw in a handful of walnuts too. It was actually pretty good.


It went nicely with a glass of apple juice and a shot of peach schnapps. Don't worry, I made it classy by serving it in a wine glass.



Since there are no kids in the house, I thought I would spice things up a little and cook dinner in a sexy little number (don't worry there are no pictures of that). We lit candles on our fireplace and turn off all the lights. It was a romantic dinner, we actually talked while we ate instead of watching Netflix or constantly trying to get Emma to eat what's on her plate. I see an in-home date night happening at least once a month.

What sort of things do you do with your significant other that is free or doesn't cost a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment