Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday

I'm a person who doesn't mind change. I kinda have to be okay with it because being an Army wife, life changes day to day. We have to cancel plans, change plans, do things without notice, and move constantly. I love it! One thing that I cannot change is breakfast! I have to eat it or it wrecks my whole day. Sadly, I eat the same thing for breakfast. Oatmeal!!! Oatmeal is delicious and healthy. I sweeten my quick oats with a packet of sugar in the raw, agave nectar, raisins, and I even started adding some chopped walnuts to it.




I seriously snapped this photo then devoured the whole bowl. I don't know why oatmeal gets a bad rep for being boring.

So, today was Fayetteville's annual Christmas Parade and Scooby Doo was the Parade Marshall. Emma and I got to walk in the parade with our taekwondo school (Nathan was suppose to be there too, but he was jumping out of an airplane at the time). The kids were so cute with their Ssahng Jeol Bongs (Korean nunchucks). It was a lot of fun despite being in the rain for 2 hours. We even got filmed to be on the news (too bad we don't have cable). This is a pic of Emma before heading off to the parade.


Did I mention that in 5 more classes she'll have her orange belt (me too)! Pretty awesome, we were hoping someone would start a fight with us on the walk back to the Jeep but no one did :( We want to use our new skills and kick some butt :)


After the parade we came back to the house to find daddy home with his new Chilean jump wings. Way to go daddy! So now we're all chillin' out in the house in our thermals trying to stay warm. I'm enjoying some coffee in my pretty coffee mugs (is it just me or does food taste better when it's in a pretty dish/plate/mug/etc?).

I'm not a big coffee drinker (out of hot chocolate or I would be drinking that) but this is pretty good. I'm using my Jamaican coffee that Nathan and I won at a dance off sweetened with cinnamon, sugar in the raw, and the highly fattening heavy cream (trying to use it up before it goes bad).

What's everyone else doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment