Thursday, December 23, 2010

Taco Chili

Okay, so I was trying out a new recipe tonight called Taco Soup...




It was more like chili so I called it Taco Chili, vegetarian style of course.




Nathan went back for seconds so it must be good!


Here's the recipe for Taco Chili:

1/2 onion, chopped

1 can of corn (drained)

2 cans of kidney beans (drained)

2 small cans of tomato sauce

1 packet of taco seasoning

Throw it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours. Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, corn chips, and green onion.

Super easy! I did buy a can of chili without beans so Nathan could have some meat in his. I just put a couple of spoon fulls in his bowl and mix it with the taco chili.

To my bowl, I added some refried beans that I needed to use up and a couple of dashes of hot sauce. If I were to make this again, I would add a can of refried beans to the crockpot mixture.

My parents are making the trip from Illinois to North Carolina today, in fact they should be here in the next hour! I'm so excited, it's been 4.5 months since I saw them all!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment