Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Wonderland

There's something about the first snowfall that seems magical...



I'm not new to snow, thanks to living in Northern New York for almost 2 years, but there is just something so special about seeing the first snowfall of the winter season. Maybe it's my inner child, maybe it's the beauty in tree branches covered in snow, or maybe it's just one of those magical happenings that only truly awesome people (like myself) can appreciate.


What to do on a cold, winter's day...go to Wal-Mart of course. Well, that's how I spent a few hours out of my day. I had to return one of Emma's Christmas presents that Santa got her. Apparently his elves didn't think that a Princess Boombox didn't need to play cds. I disagree! Luckily people in Fayetteville aren't used to snow, so they all stayed inside and made the return line really short.


For dinner tonight we're having frozen pizza and homemade brownies topped with delicious ice cream and chocolate syrup. I sooo cannot wait for dessert!


In the meantime we'll be playing board games. Why is it that board games are so expensive? I guess my family will stick to scrabble.



Or take a break and read the dictionary...


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoying some quality family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment