Friday, December 10, 2010

IHOP has nothing on me

Isnt breakfast food the best? There is just sooo many different types of breakfast foods out there, sweet, savory, cheesy, etc. Every other week or so I plan to have breakfast for dinner and last night was our breakfast night! Homemade crepes topped with homemade whipped cream was on the menu (sounds fancy right...supper easy to make).



Yummy! It was almost like eating dessert. Don't worry I balanced out the meal with 2 pieces of my "Fake-on" or what is usually called Morning Star Bacon. I know, I know all my non-vegetarian friends are being grossed out by the concept of eating bacon that isn't made out of a dead pig, but trust me guys...this stuff is amazing! My family loves it and I even topped some potato skins at a get-together with this stuff and no one knew it was fake bacon.


Look at that close up! I had a leftover bag of frozen mixed berries in the freezer that I pulled out and put in the fridge a few hours before I started cooking dinner. I threw them in a bowl with some sugar and microwaved to knock the chill off. They were perfect inside my golden brown crepes. What goes good with fruit and whipped cream...chocolate! So I ended up drizzling some chocolate sauce over them! I was so excited to eat these that when I took my first bite, an evil laugh escaped my mouth. They were that good!
What's your favorite breakfast food?

No comments:

Post a Comment