Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Autumn Pasta








I'm trying to embrace my "not normal side" but people make it really hard to do that when they find out I'm a vegetarian. Or how my husband describes me as a "hippie, liberal, vegetarian". People just look at me like they're dumbfounded and then go on to tell me how unAmerican I am. They just can't get over the fact that I don't eat meat. After they question me about it...they go on to ask if I eat chicken (because somehow chicken isn't meat?), after I tell them no...they ask if I eat fish (again NO, fish is meat). It makes me laugh and sometimes I feel like I have to defend myself but the funny thing is these people think I eat nothing but raw vegetables or tofu. I've started taking pictures of my meals to let ya'll know my plate is indeed full and to inspire you to try some meatless dishes, of course you could always add meat if you like killing innocent animals ;)






Autumn Pasta






  • 8oz penne rigate (or whatever pasta you have)



  • 5 cups cauliflower florets



  • 2TBS butter



  • 1 cup breadcrumbs



  • 1/2 cup heavy cream



  • 3/4 cup parmesan cheese



  • 2 tsp grated lemon peel (or a squirts of lemon juice)



1. Boil pasta in salted water 5 minutes. Add cauliflower. Cook until cauliflower and pasta are tender; 6 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and cauliflower to pot. 2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring until golden 7-8 minutes. 3. Add cream, parmesan, lemon, and cooking liquid to pasta. Toss over medium heat until sauce simmers, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Top with breadcrumbs!



Pita Chips



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Take 4 soft tortilla shells and cut in quarters. Lay on foil and lightly rub olive oil and season with season salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil. Bake about 5 minutes or until golden brown.



**You can use any seasoning, they always taste great no matter what you use***
















No comments:

Post a Comment