Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fast Food

It's probably shocking to you to know that I don't eat at fast food places. I know, I know...so unAmerican right? I usually just pack a lunch and take it with me if I know we'll be out and about around lunch time. Saves me money and I can eat something more filling and healthier than some fries.


I'll be honest, I miss the the quickness and easiness of driving through a restaurant and eating a meal in a matter of minutes so I make a vegetarian fast food meal at home.


I used a delicious Morningstar burger, topped it with cheese and ketchup and placed on a lightly toasted bun. I used my George Foreman grill to cook the burger and they come out awesome with a little crunch to it.




This night I made mac & cheese from a box but I usually make homemade oven fries.




And there it is, my version of fast food.







We had some leftover (real) hamburgers in the freezer from a cookout, so I made Nathan a couple double cheeseburgers. I wouldn't want him to miss out on all that fat and cholesterol!










This isn't a meal you would want to eat every night! My healthier meal that makes the body feel good when you eat it is Quinoa and Roasted Vegetables!

I think I've mentioned Quinoa before, it's actually a seed but its texture and taste is more like rice or couscous. You prepare it the same way you make rice. Quinoa is a complete protein so it's like a super hero grain...eat it, your body will thank you. I pair it up with roasted vegetables (usually whatever I have leftover in the fridge). I just like the way veggies taste when they're cooked, that's why I roasted mine, but if you prefer raw veggies eat them. Cooking them depletes veggies of their nutrition so eating raw is the way to go.

2 comments:

  1. can I hire you as my personal chef? I would probably lose a lot ofweight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you make me yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete