Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yummy Sandwich of the Month

Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day. I usually end up eating leftovers...that's no fun!

Once again our fridge and cabinets are bare (I'm getting read to make a trip back to Illinois for a week) so coming up with something new and exciting to eat is getting really hard, but....


I had a can of chickpeas and I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that I could create with minimal ingredients.

Looks like a tuna salad sandwich, huh? It's not!

It's called Vegetarian Sandwich Filling, and it was surprisingly freaking awesome!

All you need is a can of chickpeas drained and rinsed, mash them with a fork. Add some chopped onion and celery, a dash or two of hot sauce, a squirt of lemon juice and a couple shakes of salt and pepper, and a few spoonfuls of mayo to the chickpeas; give it a stir and you have yourself a yummy filling for sandwiches or a good dip for chips and veggies.

This recipe makes 3 overly stuffed sandwiches! Try it, you'll be glad you did! Replace your usual tuna salad sandwich with this one and you'll never have to have your kitchen smell like dead fish again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment