Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fruit & Maple Oatmeal

Has anyone seen this advertised lately?

Making the move from New York to North Carolina was long and we obviously had to eat (we were on the road for a few days). We spent the night outside of the DC area and stopped at a McDonald's for breakfast. That's when I first discovered their new fruit and maple oatmeal.

I was so excited...over oatmeal! If you've read my blog before you'll know how much I love oatmeal and try to get everyone to eat it for breakfast (I'm actually eating a bowl right now).

If you ever find yourself inside a McDonald's during breakfast hours, you HAVE to try the oatmeal. It's so yummy with little bits of fruit and the right sweetness, the perfect consistency, and it fills you up!

It's also probably the healthiest item on their menu totaling in with 290 calories (40 from fat). Compared to my old favorite the bacon, egg & cheese biscuit which has 420 calories (210 from fat), choosing the oatmeal is a no-brainer!

What's your favorite fast food breakfast item? I hope it's oatmeal :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it yet but I think I really need to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. I hate to admit this, but it tastes better than the oatmeal I make at home.

    ReplyDelete