Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles

Nathan went back to work on Tuesday and he asked me to bake some cookies for his squad. I'm all about baking cookies (that means you can lick the bowl) and there was a new recipe I wanted to try out as well.





I ended up baking a batch of Chocolate Crinkles, they must have been good because there was only half of one left!
Okay, maybe I tried one...ya know, to make sure they weren't disgusting or anything!

Here's the recipe for Chocolate Crinkles:
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

In a bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill in the freezer for 45 minutes (or in fridge for 4 hours).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets. Roll dough into one inch balls, coat each ball in the powdered sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.

I thought these were really good. I think I baked mine 2 minutes too long (I like more of a soft cookie instead of crisp cookie, although these weren't crisp). They had a nice fudge taste to them too. I'll be baking more of these in the future! Another nice thing about these cookies...very few dishes!

What's your favorite cookie to bake?



No comments:

Post a Comment