Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pizza Pockets


I'll be honest, this meal looks pretty gross. In no way is it gourmet...but it is cheap and tastes good!

I like to make pizza pockets because 1) I always have the ingredients on hand 2) it takes 10 minutes to make 3) it's cheap 4) the whole family likes them.

On this particular night I cooked up some green beans and sliced potatoes for a side dish. REEAAALL fancy, right?


Pizza Pockets
  • Crescent Rolls
  • Pizza Sauce (or spaghetti sauce or diced tomatoes)
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • Pepperoni (or any other pizza topping)

Preheat oven to whatever temperature the crescent roll package tells you (usually 375). On a cookie sheet, unroll the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Press together the seams. On one half put a spoonful of pizza sauce, pizza topping, and mozzarella cheese then fold over. Take a fork and squish down all sides of your pizza pocket. Cook for 10-15 minutes.

You really can't mess this up. Sometimes I jazz mine up and add pizza seasoning, mushrooms, green peppers and diced tomatoes. Just remember not to pile on the ingredients too high because it's going to be a pain in the butt to fold over and not have everything spew out.

For easy clean up, I line my cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with some non-stick cooking spray.

Like I said, not gourmet...

But if you're pinching pennies and need to feed your family, give these a try.

1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! I think I am going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete