Monday, January 3, 2011

Random Ponderings

I always think of random things...and then I make the mistake of speaking them out loud. People think I'm crazy, but they love me for it because this is who I am.

Random pondering of the day:

Why do people ask other people how they're doing????

Example 1: I happen to walk into a store just to look around and a store worker will come up to me and ask, "Hi, how are you?"

She doesn't know me, why would she care how I'm doing? And then I always answer "Fantastic!" I could be having the worst day of my life and I always answer with a fantastic. Why is that?

Example 2: I'm out on a walk and I see another walker (people I don't know) and I'll say, "Hi, how are ya?"

They always answer with a, "Good, how are you?"

Maybe you're thinking that people are polite, or people were taught as young children to say this as a greeting, or that we're all a bunch of liars and like to tell people the opposite of how we're really feeling, or pretend to care how other people feel...I don't know!

Yes, these are the type of things that fill up my mind. What randomness do you think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment