Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Positve Thinking

I've been a Debbie Downer lately, so on Sunday I decided to try this whole crazy concept of "Positive Thinking" to see if it really works.

So far yeah, it does!

I can't be sure if it was just the positive thinking that's making me feel and look great, but I'm sure it's playing a part.

Here's some issues I was "struggling" with for the past couple of weeks.
  • Gaining a few extra pounds
  • I thought my stomach looked rather bloated
  • Acne
  • Feeling like a lazy loner

Here are my results just 3 days into my new way of thinking.

  • Down 2.5 pounds
  • I think my body looks really good and I keep touching my hips and noticing how my usual love handles aren't there and I can see some muscle definition in my arms and I feel my legs look amazing
  • My acne is clearing up and I have no new zits to stress over
  • I'm getting things done on my to-do list and not spending so much time watching TV or on Facebook (although I still have an unhealthy relationship with it)

Not bad right?

How am I introducing positive thinking in my life? Well, I've been reading a daily devotion and the book "The Power of a Positive Mom" (it's a weekly devotional) and that's helping me start my day with being more positive and setting the mood for the rest of the day. I then do my usual workout (Leslie Sansone DVD) and then it's off to take a shower. Maybe I'm just weird, but after I get out of the shower I always examine my body. Up until Sunday I was being negative telling myself I'm fat or jiggling my arms or counting all the freaking zits on my face and then feeling ugly. Not anymore, I tell myself I look good and then focus on the parts of my body I like and then somehow (maybe magic, I don't know) I end up liking everything about me. I put makeup on and actual clothes (no old, holy sweats) and feel like a thriving person.

You are your worst enemy, so let's stomp that Debbie Downer in all of us and replace her with Peppy Penelope!

No comments:

Post a Comment