Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Time

What's the best part of spring/summer...PRODUCE! I'm seriously craving massive amounts of fresh produce, especially strawberries. Aren't they beautiful? I bought them at Aldi's for $1.99, although last week I got them for $.99. Oh well, they're tasty and I didn't even need to sprinkle them with sugar.

I'm storing them in a mason jar (it's not mine, but a friend left 3 of them at my house for our Hillbilly cookout) mainly because I didn't have the perfect plastic storage container to fit them in, but this one works perfectly.

I just found out that there are some farms near by Fayetteville that you can go and pick your own strawberries. I see a date with a couple of my besties in the near future!

While picking up the strawberries, Emma and I bought a butt load of veggies to make vegetable soup.

Or Rainbow Soup if you're Emma. She wanted to help me, so we gave it a silly name because you throw in alot of different colors and I hoped it would help her to actually eat it...Yeah, she didn't fall for the cute name.

Can't blame me for trying!

Nathan's out in the field (STILL) so cooking up a huge batch of soup and freezing half and eating the other half means I DON'T HAVE TO COOK DINNER for the next few days!

Side Note: Yesterday, North Carolina was hit with massive storms and tornadoes. Please keep these people in your prayers. I was lucky and nothing happened to my family or our house but lots of people are still without power, damage to their homes, and now trying to pick up the pieces, so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the follow...hope you enjoy the read. :)

    runningtobeskinny.com

    ReplyDelete