Monday, April 11, 2011

Frugal Party Ideas

Everyone should know by now that I'm pretty thrifty/frugal (not cheap). Well, my best friend was getting married at the beginning of this year and I took it upon myself to throw her a bachelorette party in January. Keep in mind that we live 5 states apart! I wanted this party to be awesome but I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money (and neither did any of the guests...we're all broke). I came up with some creative and inexpensive ideas to help give my BFF her last party as a single gal. First off, if you're planning a party for anyone for any occasion you need to talk to the guest of honor about what kind of party he/she wants or doesn't want. I came up with 3 different ideas and presented them to the bride-to-be. She chose going to St. Louis and partyin' it up...minus all the usual bachelorette antics (so a classy drunken brawl). The second on your list of things to do is send out the invites. After searching the internet, I decided they were all expensive, took too long to ship, and were pink and zebra (something she did NOT want)! So I decided to make my own.


Nothing fancy, I bought some cute paper at Staples with some matching envelopes. I put a cute bachelorette rhyme on them to get the girls excited about the party/lingerie shower and at the bottom I put the important details about the weekend (the girls all live in different towns). I even jazzed them up by gluing some sparkly rhinestones all over the invites. Invitations, envelopes, and postage cost less than $4!



What's a bachelorette party without some games?!? I bought an inexpensive game where you pin a kiss on a hot guy (under $4). We did shots before be blindfolded and spun around, but you can play the normal way. The winner got some beads. Another game was all about the bride. I asked the bride beforehand 20 questions about herself that any friend would be able to know (since some have known her all her life and others just a few years). She emailed me back and during the party I asked the questions and the guests wrote down their answers. The one with the most right answers won some beads. Something else that was fun we did was when she was opening her lingerie shower gifts. We came up with funny codenames for the presents and wrote them down so her husband could select a name and then she would have to either put it on or get a toy out without him knowing what it is.

Left over card stock, a key ring, and some markers around the house make this FREE!




I really wanted to give each guest a party favor and I thought this would be breaking the bank but it didn't! I came up with giving everyone a wine glass ($1 each) that I would hand paint with some paint markers (A funny slogan along with the name of her party with the date and some designs/colors to match the invites). I put some bead necklaces ($1 for 8) in the glasses topped with some sparkly gift basket filler ($1 per bag) and added a ring pop ($1 for 5) and I put a huge fake diamond ring around the wine glass stem ($1 for 4).




A friend made everyone a mixed CD with some awesome party tunes and another girl brought some penis shaped straws which I stuck in the wine glasses. I thought it was an awesome party favor, something reusable and reminded you of the party.


I had a lot of fun planning my BFF's bachelorette party and I hope that my games and party favors meant more than if I just went to the party store and bought a prepackaged bachlorette party box.


If you have any questions please leave a comment or email me!




1 comment: