Thursday, April 14, 2011

Barney

A few weeks ago my best friend (I have lots of best friends) and I took our kids to go see Barney Live. The kids were super stoked and my friend and I were excited to be considered mom of the year (seriously, if you can manage sitting through Barney with lots of other kids and come out sane...you're gold)!



I knew before we went that they were going to sell overpriced Barney merchandise and that Emma was probably going to want me to spend a butt load on dumb things! So I got creative and told her I would make her a Barney outfit that she could wear to the show. That won her over!




Off to Hobby Lobby we went (I had a 40% off coupon) and I picked up an inexpensive lime green shirt, an iron-on transfer kit, some purple and green tulle, and some purple and green ribbon. The iron-on kit was $8 but it came with 3 sheets so I decided I would make Emma's friend a tshirt too.




Emma and I searched the internet for a cool Barney picture and found one she liked. We simply followed the instructions for the transfer sheets and in no time we had an awesome Barney pic on the front of her shirt. I went ahead and printed out her name and cut it out with some funny shaped scissors, that went on the back of her shirt. After shirts were made I started in on her tutu. It's all just a matter of knotting tulle around some elastic (or a headband). I planned on using the ribbon in her tutu but decided to make a bow the last minute. So that's it.




Her outfit beat the $20 lame tshirts at the show and Emma was given compliments on her outfit. I was happy that she didn't ask for a stuffed animal, cotton candy, or anything else...although my friend did make me feel guilty for not buying her a silly balloon, so I gave in and bought her one (it's still floating up in the ceiling and I don't plan on climbing our rafter to get it).




It was a good time (I'll admit I even sang some of the songs)! It was even better seeing the kid's reactions when Barney first came out on stage.









No comments:

Post a Comment