Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Once Upon A Child

Yesterday morning I tried to put a cute outfit on Emma that she wore last summer...umm she looked like a giant! Her shirt barely covered her belly and her shorts were so short you could of considered them hot pants. So I made her put another outfit on, this time a skirt. Basically same problem, except this time the waist band was tight around her little belly. Looks like she needs a new summer wardrobe.

Now I can't be the only one out there that hates to spend tons of money on clothes that will either be outgrown or stained. I also know I can't be the only one out there that loves name brand kid's clothes (can we say SUPER CUTE)! The solution to my problem, Once Upon A Child (http://www.onceuponachild.com/)


Emma and I stopped by yesterday afternoon (this was our second trip EVER to this store) and we found lots of super cute name brand clothes for her. 4 outfits to be exact (7 articles of clothing) and I spent under $30!


This store offers gently used (some brand new) newborn-big kid sizes clothing, maternity clothing, shoes, baby gear, toys, games, books, accessories (if I was rich I would buy all the adorable hairbows in there), some sport gear (cleats, dance wear) and tons of other things. It's defiantly worth a trip there!


Another cool option the store offers is that you can sell your kid's things that they've outgrown. It's a lot easier and faster than having a yard sale.


They also have a punch card you can get. For every $10 you get 1 punch on your card, after it's all full you get 10% off your next purchase. To save some more money, sign up to receive their emails so you'll be informed when their next big sale is.


I recommend this store if you have children (grandchildren, nieces, nephews, a best friend with kids, you get the point). If you're pregnant, go check out some of their baby gear like cribs, strollers, and high chairs. It'll only be saving you money!

4 comments:

  1. You should keep an eye on the Gymboree clearance sections, every so often huge quantities of stuff will get marked waaaay down and can be stacked with fairly common (if you keep a look out) 20%-30% off coupons and it ends up being cheaper than the second hand store prices.

    BTW- I have a Gymboree 20% off online code that I don't think will get used by the end of the month if you'd want it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the coupon offer. I think she's good on clothes for the next few months. Too bad her NY wardrobe doesn't transition well with NC's weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE consignment stores! We have a REALLY nice local store. I take all of the boys' stuff there. The best part is all I have to do is drop it off and after they sort they donate whatever they don't want to sell. I also love consignment stores for dress shoes. My boys don't wear dress shoes enough for me to justify the $20 price tag, and you can usually find practically brand new consigned dress shoes for under $3.00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think consignment stores are more fun than regular stores. It's almost like a high to find an awesome outfit for CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete