Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yogurt Pops

My family LOVES popsicles, fudgepops, ice cream cones, any and all frozen treats! Who doesn't, right? Has anyone looked at the nutrition facts on the box? High calories, tons of sugar, weird ingredients I've never heard of, not exactly what I want in a treat. I decided to make my own, healthier version of a frozen treat I found at allrecipes.com. I call them yogurt pops. Here's the recipe:



1 cup boiling water

1 (3 oz) package of strawberry flavored Jell-O

Handful of frozen strawberries

1 cup strawberry yogurt

8 small plastic cups

8 craft sticks



Combine boiling water and Jell-O in a blender and pulse until Jell-O is dissolved. Add in your strawberries and pulse until mixture is smooth, next add in your yogurt and mix until everything is smooth. Pour into 8 small plastic cups and freeze until firm, then add in your craft sticks and freeze completely. Calories per serving 69. ***** out of *****



To make it healthier you can use sugar-free Jell-O and fat-free yogurt. This is just a base recipe, feel free to use different flavored Jell-O, different fruit, and different flavored yogurt. Next I'm trying a strawberry banana pop! Yummy!



I use the cup and craft stick method because it's what I have on hand. If you have popsicle molds, use them! I've heard of people putting them in shot glasses and muffin tins. Whatever method you use, you can't mess them up, they all work!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe!!! I will definatly try this out on my boys. We all need less calories..LOL

    ReplyDelete