Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Welcome to the World of Blogging

So this is my first blog EVER! Why am I starting you may ask...because I wanted a place where I can share my opinions, views, tips, loves and dislikes with my friends and family.

My husband, Nathan, calls me cheap, but I would refer to myself as a thrifty spender. I budget, save, shop around, and somehow managed to become the ultimate NO to the rest of my family when they want to buy silly things (i.e. boats, motorcycles, grills, etc...sorry babe). It's hard at times and sometimes we slip up and splurge on things we don't need(cookies at 10pm) but for the most part we're doing pretty good. I can proudly say that we have no student loans, no credit card debt, money in our savings, and thanks to me Nathan's credit score has greatly improved! Next step is paying off auto loans.

I work part-time at an after-school program and love it! But it's part time and doesn't pay a whole lot (oh the price you pay to stay at home with the kids and to work). Nathan's a SSG in the Army, the pay is alright but not for the amount of hours he works...but I'm not complaining! So I've had to get creative with how we spend money for necessities, and how to save money for everything else in life. Cooking instead of going out to eat saves money. I can cook a meal for 4 for the price it is for 1 meal at a restaurant. We don't go to the movies, unless it's at the drive-in where we can watch 2 movies and Emma get's in free (shhh but sometimes we sneak in our own snacks) for half the cost of 2 movie theater tickets! Goodbye cable and hello Netflix! These are just a few things that I do and I plan on blogging about. Anything that I save money on or found a new tip to do just that, I plan to share with you. I also do a lot of cooking/baking and plan to post recipes with reviews to share with all of you so that you can try them and love them too!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you decided to blog! I've been enjoying for a few years now. I try to be frugal also, although I could try harder and I'm working on that. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete