Friday, October 15, 2010

Ravioli Bake

So, I've been trying to eat healthier and have incorporated a vegetarian diet now for a couple of months. Nathan thinks I'm stupid and will die from not having enough protein. Yes, because all our protein comes in the form of meat...not!

Since I'm the one that does all the cooking, I'm trying to please everyone. Well, the other night we were all starving and I didn't thaw out any dead animals for Nathan to eat so I ended up trying a new recipe from the Kraft magazine called Food & Family. It's called Ravioli Bake and it's supper yummy for vegetarians and meat eaters! Sorry I have no pictures of this, we were starving and ate it all! ***UPDATE***I made this again and remembered to take a picture of it before we all ate it!


Ravioli Bake



  • 1 jar of spaghetti sauce

  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 2 pkg. (1 lb each) frozen cheese ravioli

  • 1 pkg (7oz) Shredded Italian Cheese Blend

  • 2 TBS Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and water; spoon 1 cup onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish. Layer half the ravioli and 1 cup shredded cheese over sauce mixture. Top with remaining ravioli and sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; cover. Bake for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and let stand for 10 minutes.


***TIP***Feel free to add in other veggies, I threw in some sliced mushrooms. If you like eggplant that would be a good addition, although I think it tastes pretty gross. Don't be afraid to add in some seasonings either. I added salt, pepper, oregano, basil; things that I add in my spaghetti sauce.


This recipe is easy to make, easy to clean up, and tastes amazing. Pair it with a salad and some garlic toast and you're a domestic goddess!

No comments:

Post a Comment